Big Ideas for Busy People: Big Data Edition
Saturday11/107:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Click an event time to add to your calendar
From Dark Ages to dark matter, let’s talk BIG DATA at this year’s Big Ideas for Busy People event at the Discovery Building. Hear five-minute flash talks from the experts, followed by lively Q&A from the audience.
This year’s experts include:
- Rebecca Willett (electrical and computer engineering, Wisconsin Institute for Discovery) How machines learn
- Lea Shanley (Renaissance Computing Institute) Even big data starts small
- Eric Wilcots (astronomy) Things that go bump in the night: The variable and explosive radio sky
- Martin Foys (English) Can digitizing a medieval map change scholarship for everybody?
- Anthony Gitter (biomedical informatics) on tomes of cancer genomes
- Pilar Ossorio (law and bioethics) on fairness and accountability in the use of big data and machine learning
UW–Madison (Discovery Building)
330 N. Orchard St.
Madison, WI 53715 United States