Science in Entertainment and the Arts: The Most Powerful Way to Communicate Science?
Friday10/232:00 pm - 3:30 pm
For all the efforts to encourage scientists to engage with the public, there may be one way that is exponentially more influential than any other—through entertainment and the arts. Join us in the Discovery Building’s H.F. DeLuca Forum as experts from the worlds of visual art, theater, dance and film explore the power of each of their crafts to connect with, and influence, audiences.
- Jo Handelsman, Director of the Wisconsin Institute for Discovery (moderator)
- Ginger Ann Contreras, Coordinator, Science to Street Art, and Executive Director, Illuminating Discovery Hub
- Elizabeth Kilpatrick, Geena Davis Institute
- David Lynn, Emory University
- Carrie Hanson, the Seldoms and UW-Madison Artist-in-Residence
- Michael Graf, Spot Filmworks
Then, join Michael Graf and David Lynn for a follow-on conversation about what happens when scientists and playwrights join forces from 3:45 to 4:30 p.m. Register for this breakout session.
Event Details:Arts & Culture Lectures, Panels and Discussions Adults
UW-Madison (Discovery Building)
330 N. Orchard St.
Madison, WI 53715 United States https://discovery.wisc.edu