UWM’s College of Engineering and Applied Science Open House
Saturday10/1711:00 am - 1:00 pm
Join us at UW-Milwaukee’s College of Engineering and Applied Science for a series of fun demonstrations and hands-on science activities including:
- Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream Making! This is NOT for the faint of heart! Can you taste a sample? Absolutely! We’ll be making it every 15-20 minutes while supplies last. Watch for the whoosh!
- Make-and-Take Circuits: Try your hand at an engineering project and witness the solar rechargers our EnQuest team created for those without electrical grid service in Guatemala.
- Digi-Comp II: A mechanical computer that works just like the central part of real computer processors, but is powered by marbles!
- Baja Car: Say cheese! Take a selfie and interact with TWO of the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)’s Baja cars. The group designs, builds, develops, promotes and races a prototype, single seat off-road vehicle that can withstand the punishment of the toughest racing environments.
- Robotics Association: It’s your turn to take the reigns! Don’t miss out on a chance to drive and interact with robots.
- Say Wow! and Meet a NAO Robot. You’ll be charmed by all the impressive things a humanoid robot can do!
- Biomedical Engineering Society: Meet our newest student organization and learn more about our newest undergraduate major!
Event Details:Technology, Math & Engineering Hands-on All ages Free
UW-Milwaukee (Engineering & Mathematical Sciences Building)
3200 N. Cramer Street
Milwaukee, 53201 United States 414-378-7262 https://uwm.edu/engineering/
University of Wisconsin Milwaukee