Who Owns Science? Representation, Inclusion, Culture and the Scientific Enterprise
Thursday10/222:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Our current culture recognizes certain ways of participating in and practicing science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). What do we lose when we leave out practices and perspectives from non-white, non-dominant cultures and legacies? How can we expand our understanding of STEM?
Join us in the Discovery Building’s H.F. DeLuca Forum as an expert panel discusses STEM from a diverse and inclusive set of viewpoints.
- Rabiah Mayas, Northwestern University
- Cheryl Bauer-Armstrong, UW-Madison Earth Partnership
- Lori Lemieux, Bad River Education Department
- Ginger Contreras, Wisconsin Institute for Discovery
- Dorothy Lsoto, Nelson Institute
- Derrick Smith, Wisconsin Institute for Discovery
- Dawn Vick, Department of Administration
Event Details:Arts & Culture Lectures, Panels and Discussions Adults Free
UW-Madison (Discovery Building)
330 N. Orchard St.
Madison, WI 53715 United States https://discovery.wisc.edu