Host an Event
Be Part of the Festival!
Join hundreds of organizers around Wisconsin that connect people with science, technology, engineering, art and math! Last year, more than 30,000 people participated in events throughout 70+ cities in Wisconsin. To learn more, contact Wes Marner, deputy director, at 608-316-4716 or firstname.lastname@example.org. (And don’t forget to check out last year’s annual report!)
Events are as diverse as the people who live here, and we encourage events of all types to be a part of the festival! Whether you are organizing a stargazing night for just a few people, a chill Science Pub full of questions, or a vibrant science expo packed with visitors, we want you to be part of this celebration!
- All events are encouraged…big, small or tiny!
- Events with science, technology, engineering or math are strongly preferred.
- Arts events related to STEM fields are also welcome.
“Thank you for another great year – We really enjoy hosting Science Festival events.”
Ten reasons to host a #WiSciFest event:
- Connect with new audiences
- Build bridges between STEM role models and the community
- Create unique experiences for school visits
- Work with scientists honing their communication skills
- Show off your work!
- Experiment and try something new
- Learn how other organizations are connecting with their communities
- Raise the profile of STEM throughout Wisconsin
- Showcase the intersection of science and the arts
- Inspire curiosity in our fellow citizens!
How does the festival support your event?
Event hosts are ultimately responsible for the logistics and content of their own events. Our goal is to provide you with tools to help with maximizing attendance and marketing of your event. We are also ready to work with you on ideas for a new event!
- Your event will be listed on the festival website
- Your events are promoted via our social media marketing
- We create a multimedia marketing campaign to promote festival events statewide
- We can assist with press releases to your local media
- You will receive a media kit that includes logos, template signs, social media templates, model press releases and other tools for you to promote your event
- Our staff is always available to consult with on your event
The format of festival events is limited only by your creativity! Past festivals have included:
- Community science expos
- Tinker times at public libraries
- Relaxed Science on Tap nights at a local pub
- Open houses at businesses
- Volunteer service opportunities
Looking for ideas or want to chat through some event designs? Check out past events for inspiration.
“We were proud to be a part of the festival and have plans to encourage others to participate next year.”