Host an Event
The Wisconsin Science Festival counts on sites throughout the state to host engaging programs!
Why host a #WiSciFest Wisconsin Science Festival event?
- Create deeper connections with your community.
- Benefit from statewide festival promotion to increase your event attendance.
- Connect with organizations statewide.
- Share your passion for science, technology, engineering, art, math and more.
- Join statewide citizen science projects.
Learn more about hosting an event.
Think outside the lab for event ideas! Examples include:
- A community science expo at your school.
- A relaxed “Science on Tap” night at your pub.
- An informative night of stargazing in your local park.
- An open house at your clinic, factory or office.
The only limitation is your curiosity. Explore ideas for festival events.
New Opportunities in 2017
Bring a University of Wisconsin–Madison expert to your event!
The UW–Madison Speaker’s Bureau pairs faculty experts with venues around the state. We’ll work with you to connect you with and cover the cost of having a UW–Madison faculty member visit your site to give a presentation.
Take part in a citizen science project to find new medicines!
The Small World Initiative, founded by Wisconsin Institute for Discovery Director Jo Handelsman, and the Wisconsin Science Festival seek citizen scientists throughout Wisconsin to submit soil samples to aid in the hunt for new antibiotics. All you need is a shovel or a garden trowel.
Have questions? Need ideas?
We are here to help. Contact Wes Marner at 608-316-4716, firstname.lastname@example.org.